With the release of their new album Getback next week (October 23), Little Brother knew that they’d have to drop a single that could creep the charts. The choice was Breakin’ My Heart, a song which has Phonte and Pooh pleading to their respective women for information about whether or not they plan to leave them. Knowing the exact person to easily get them major radio play, the duo enlists the king of the guest verse: Lil’ Wayne and the beat of former member, 9th Wonder (to whom much of The Minstrel Show‘s success is attributed to). Very few can relate to big money, cars, or jewelry, but troubled relationships are another story altogether; there’s no reason Breakin’ My Heart shouldn’t be a listener favorite.
Written by Burmy on 10/15/07
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Justus
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Clothes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.