With the release of their new album Getback next week (October 23), Little Brother knew that they’d have to drop a single that could creep the charts. The choice was Breakin’ My Heart, a song which has Phonte and Pooh pleading to their respective women for information about whether or not they plan to leave them. Knowing the exact person to easily get them major radio play, the duo enlists the king of the guest verse: Lil’ Wayne and the beat of former member, 9th Wonder (to whom much of The Minstrel Show‘s success is attributed to). Very few can relate to big money, cars, or jewelry, but troubled relationships are another story altogether; there’s no reason Breakin’ My Heart shouldn’t be a listener favorite.
Written by Burmy on 10/15/07
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Justus
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Clothes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.