With the release of their new album Getback next week (October 23), Little Brother knew that they’d have to drop a single that could creep the charts. The choice was Breakin’ My Heart, a song which has Phonte and Pooh pleading to their respective women for information about whether or not they plan to leave them. Knowing the exact person to easily get them major radio play, the duo enlists the king of the guest verse: Lil’ Wayne and the beat of former member, 9th Wonder (to whom much of The Minstrel Show‘s success is attributed to). Very few can relate to big money, cars, or jewelry, but troubled relationships are another story altogether; there’s no reason Breakin’ My Heart shouldn’t be a listener favorite.
Written by Burmy on 10/15/07
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Justus
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Clothes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.