After years of lighting up the middle ground (above underground, below the mainsteam) North Carolina duo Little Brother are finally calling it quits as a group, but before the take their place in hip-hop history they’re determined to go out on a top, a mission that should be easily accomplished if their upcoming album LeftBack is anywhere near as good as their new single Curtain Call. Backed by supremely smooth and electronically accented production from Khrysis, Phonte and Rapper Big Pooh repeatedly display the kind of lyrical dexterity that have made them beloved by true hip-hop heads everywhere: “With all the pictures added / we put our stamp on it / not being Cam’ronish / I mean diplomatic.” Unlike Brett Farve himself, I can’t help but hope Little Brother will end up Brett Farvin and call off the retirement. Either way, the farewell tour will start in earnest when Little Brother’s final album LeftBack drops April 20, also known as 4/20. Just a coincidence, I’m sure.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/3/10
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Justus
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Clothes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)