After years of lighting up the middle ground (above underground, below the mainsteam) North Carolina duo Little Brother are finally calling it quits as a group, but before the take their place in hip-hop history they’re determined to go out on a top, a mission that should be easily accomplished if their upcoming album LeftBack is anywhere near as good as their new single Curtain Call. Backed by supremely smooth and electronically accented production from Khrysis, Phonte and Rapper Big Pooh repeatedly display the kind of lyrical dexterity that have made them beloved by true hip-hop heads everywhere: “With all the pictures added / we put our stamp on it / not being Cam’ronish / I mean diplomatic.” Unlike Brett Farve himself, I can’t help but hope Little Brother will end up Brett Farvin and call off the retirement. Either way, the farewell tour will start in earnest when Little Brother’s final album LeftBack drops April 20, also known as 4/20. Just a coincidence, I’m sure.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/3/10
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Justus
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Clothes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.