A trip to Sin City is a rite of passage for any twentysomething, but a trip to the City of Sin sounds a lot more dangerous than strip clubs and all night-casinos. On its Booth debut, Island Def Jam duo Linus Young takes us on a drug-induced, creepy old man-riddled journey through the City of Sin. The record comes paired with a remarkable video by director Joe Dietsch. The crewmates’ powerful, yet catchy vocals create a pained, dark soundtrack for the voyage. Their vocals may have a touch of emotional pop to them, but any lightheartedness is swallowed by Malay‘s edgy, epic beat. There isn’t any news on anything larger from the twosome, but you can currently catch them on tour with ZZ Ward. Keep an eye on Linus Young; they will be a household name before too long.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/26/14
Island Def Jam Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.