A trip to Sin City is a rite of passage for any twentysomething, but a trip to the City of Sin sounds a lot more dangerous than strip clubs and all night-casinos. On its Booth debut, Island Def Jam duo Linus Young takes us on a drug-induced, creepy old man-riddled journey through the City of Sin. The record comes paired with a remarkable video by director Joe Dietsch. The crewmates’ powerful, yet catchy vocals create a pained, dark soundtrack for the voyage. Their vocals may have a touch of emotional pop to them, but any lightheartedness is swallowed by Malay‘s edgy, epic beat. There isn’t any news on anything larger from the twosome, but you can currently catch them on tour with ZZ Ward. Keep an eye on Linus Young; they will be a household name before too long.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/26/14
Submit your Rating
Island Def Jam Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fun in the Sun" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.