Despite being credited as the focal artist on his new album Version, Hip Hop producer Mark Ronson provides very few vocals. Instead Ronson gathers numerous artists of all genres to perform covers of classic rock songs. U.K. singer Lily Allen (Drivin’ Me Wild) performed an updated version of the Kaiser Chiefs’ Oh My God on the album’s second single. While Allen’s vocals are softer than the original, she still delivered a respectable cover. For the remix, hyper MC Busta Rhymes hops on board the double-decker bus, switching up his style to an impressively grimy pattern that displays his lyrical mastery. Real fans of hip-rock/indie should have this one on repeat. Version is in stores now.
Written by Burmy on 12/5/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin' Me Wild ft. Lily Allen" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.