Despite being credited as the focal artist on his new album Version, Hip Hop producer Mark Ronson provides very few vocals. Instead Ronson gathers numerous artists of all genres to perform covers of classic rock songs. U.K. singer Lily Allen (Drivin’ Me Wild) performed an updated version of the Kaiser Chiefs’ Oh My God on the album’s second single. While Allen’s vocals are softer than the original, she still delivered a respectable cover. For the remix, hyper MC Busta Rhymes hops on board the double-decker bus, switching up his style to an impressively grimy pattern that displays his lyrical mastery. Real fans of hip-rock/indie should have this one on repeat. Version is in stores now.
Written by Burmy on 12/5/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin' Me Wild ft. Lily Allen" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.