Despite being credited as the focal artist on his new album Version, Hip Hop producer Mark Ronson provides very few vocals. Instead Ronson gathers numerous artists of all genres to perform covers of classic rock songs. U.K. singer Lily Allen (Drivin’ Me Wild) performed an updated version of the Kaiser Chiefs’ Oh My God on the album’s second single. While Allen’s vocals are softer than the original, she still delivered a respectable cover. For the remix, hyper MC Busta Rhymes hops on board the double-decker bus, switching up his style to an impressively grimy pattern that displays his lyrical mastery. Real fans of hip-rock/indie should have this one on repeat. Version is in stores now.
Written by Burmy on 12/5/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin' Me Wild ft. Lily Allen" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.