A buzzmaking singer/songwriter affiliated with Chance the Rapper‘s Save Money collective, Lili K. has decided to test the figurative waters by making her first DJBooth feature a cover. Well, actually two covers… fused into an original song. On Summertime Valentine, the R&B/soul/jazz songstress blends elements from George Gershwin and Stephen Sondheim’s oft-covered Summertime (penned as part of the 1935 opera Porgy & Bess) and Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart‘s equally classic My Funny Valentine (from 1937 musical Babes in Arms) to create a hybrid composition all her own. Producer Peter Cottontale and a cadre of talented musicians (including Kids These Days alumnus Nico Segal) provide an intricate live-band backdrop for Lili’s dynamic vocal performance. For this innovative jam and much more, check out Lili K.‘s My Favorite Things EP, released for free digital download at the top of the month.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.