In mid-July, songstress Lili K. made her grand entrance into the Booth with Summertime Valentine, an innovative hybrid of Sondheim and Gershwin’s Summertime and Rodgers and Hart’s My Funny Valentine. Though the resulting record was very much her own, Interlude is technically the Windy City native’s first original feature on our pages. Peter Cottontale reprises his role behind the mixing boards, linking up with Lili’s live ensemble to craft a lush jazz backdrop for her cynical, yet ear-pleasing reflections on modern romance. Addison Wright and J Frank‘s magenta and mint green-tinted visuals show the artist and her band performing at Chicago’s Grand Ballroom. For this catchy single and much more, check out Lili K.‘s My Favorite Things EP, released digitally last month.
Written by richard on 08/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Summertime Valentine" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)