In mid-July, songstress Lili K. made her grand entrance into the Booth with Summertime Valentine, an innovative hybrid of Sondheim and Gershwin’s Summertime and Rodgers and Hart’s My Funny Valentine. Though the resulting record was very much her own, Interlude is technically the Windy City native’s first original feature on our pages. Peter Cottontale reprises his role behind the mixing boards, linking up with Lili’s live ensemble to craft a lush jazz backdrop for her cynical, yet ear-pleasing reflections on modern romance. Addison Wright and J Frank‘s magenta and mint green-tinted visuals show the artist and her band performing at Chicago’s Grand Ballroom. For this catchy single and much more, check out Lili K.‘s My Favorite Things EP, released digitally last month.
Written by richard on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Summertime Valentine" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.