In mid-July, songstress Lili K. made her grand entrance into the Booth with Summertime Valentine, an innovative hybrid of Sondheim and Gershwin’s Summertime and Rodgers and Hart’s My Funny Valentine. Though the resulting record was very much her own, Interlude is technically the Windy City native’s first original feature on our pages. Peter Cottontale reprises his role behind the mixing boards, linking up with Lili’s live ensemble to craft a lush jazz backdrop for her cynical, yet ear-pleasing reflections on modern romance. Addison Wright and J Frank‘s magenta and mint green-tinted visuals show the artist and her band performing at Chicago’s Grand Ballroom. For this catchy single and much more, check out Lili K.‘s My Favorite Things EP, released digitally last month.
Written by richard on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Summertime Valentine" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.