In mid-July, songstress Lili K. made her grand entrance into the Booth with Summertime Valentine, an innovative hybrid of Sondheim and Gershwin’s Summertime and Rodgers and Hart’s My Funny Valentine. Though the resulting record was very much her own, Interlude is technically the Windy City native’s first original feature on our pages. Peter Cottontale reprises his role behind the mixing boards, linking up with Lili’s live ensemble to craft a lush jazz backdrop for her cynical, yet ear-pleasing reflections on modern romance. Addison Wright and J Frank‘s magenta and mint green-tinted visuals show the artist and her band performing at Chicago’s Grand Ballroom. For this catchy single and much more, check out Lili K.‘s My Favorite Things EP, released digitally last month.
Written by richard on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Summertime Valentine" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.