In mid-July, songstress Lili K. made her grand entrance into the Booth with Summertime Valentine, an innovative hybrid of Sondheim and Gershwin’s Summertime and Rodgers and Hart’s My Funny Valentine. Though the resulting record was very much her own, Interlude is technically the Windy City native’s first original feature on our pages. Peter Cottontale reprises his role behind the mixing boards, linking up with Lili’s live ensemble to craft a lush jazz backdrop for her cynical, yet ear-pleasing reflections on modern romance. Addison Wright and J Frank‘s magenta and mint green-tinted visuals show the artist and her band performing at Chicago’s Grand Ballroom. For this catchy single and much more, check out Lili K.‘s My Favorite Things EP, released digitally last month.
Written by richard on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Summertime Valentine" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.