Not glimpsed on our pages since dropping by for an exclusive interview with DJ Z back in ‘08, Memphis veteran Lil Wyte returns to the Booth with his first proper audio feature, a new single off his debut collaborative set with beatsmith Jelly Roll. Released along with candid official visuals by Tyler Davis Concepts and Phixieous Entertainment, Back to the Start sees Wyte reflecting on his personal and professional struggles in poignant, emotionally raw verses. His behind-the-boards partner looks to Willie Nelson for inspiration on the production tip, flipping a thematically appropriate sample from the country legend’s 2011 cover of Coldplay’s 2002 hit single, The Scientist. If this heartfelt jam struck a chord, you can expect more quality beats and thoughtful bars on the duo’s No Filter LP, scheduled to drop Tuesday, July 16.
Written by richard on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.