Not glimpsed on our pages since dropping by for an exclusive interview with DJ Z back in ‘08, Memphis veteran Lil Wyte returns to the Booth with his first proper audio feature, a new single off his debut collaborative set with beatsmith Jelly Roll. Released along with candid official visuals by Tyler Davis Concepts and Phixieous Entertainment, Back to the Start sees Wyte reflecting on his personal and professional struggles in poignant, emotionally raw verses. His behind-the-boards partner looks to Willie Nelson for inspiration on the production tip, flipping a thematically appropriate sample from the country legend’s 2011 cover of Coldplay’s 2002 hit single, The Scientist. If this heartfelt jam struck a chord, you can expect more quality beats and thoughtful bars on the duo’s No Filter LP, scheduled to drop Tuesday, July 16.
Written by richard on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.