Have You copped Lil Wayne‘s latest mixtape yet? To keep it one-hundred, I haven’t. After being burned by the YMCMB heavyweight’s last couple projects, I didn’t want to tarnish my Labor Day with another potentially subpar set. After giving this standout cut a spin, though, it’s rocketed to the top of my priority list. Granted, the You Song is as much Chance the Rapper‘s record as it is Weezy’s; the rising Chi-Town rap star is first to spit over Cam, Peter Cottontale and Nate Fox‘s quirky sampled beat, and his contribution continues right up to the halfway point. But I’ll be damned if Tunechi doesn’t turn in one of his most inspired verses in recent memory, echoing Chance’s skillfully off-kilter flow as he rattles off one inventive punchline after another. Could Dedication 5 mark a return to form for the New Orleans vet? Click here to download the project and decide for yourself.
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.