Have You copped Lil Wayne‘s latest mixtape yet? To keep it one-hundred, I haven’t. After being burned by the YMCMB heavyweight’s last couple projects, I didn’t want to tarnish my Labor Day with another potentially subpar set. After giving this standout cut a spin, though, it’s rocketed to the top of my priority list. Granted, the You Song is as much Chance the Rapper‘s record as it is Weezy’s; the rising Chi-Town rap star is first to spit over Cam, Peter Cottontale and Nate Fox‘s quirky sampled beat, and his contribution continues right up to the halfway point. But I’ll be damned if Tunechi doesn’t turn in one of his most inspired verses in recent memory, echoing Chance’s skillfully off-kilter flow as he rattles off one inventive punchline after another. Could Dedication 5 mark a return to form for the New Orleans vet? Click here to download the project and decide for yourself.
Written by richard on 09/3/13
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.