Arguably not since Muhammad Ali has an international star gone to jail while he was the undisputed greatest at his craft (apologies to T.I.), but that’s exactly the situation facing Weezy, who’s expecting an approximately one-year prison sentence shortly on gun possession charges. Well, if Wayne’s going out for a while at least he’s leaving behind a hell of a catalog. The latest and greatest addition to the Carter legacy is the brand new Run This Town [Freestyle], a cut that takes Jay’s smash hit and flips it into a lyrically driven devastator, complete with lines like “The crown fit, I ain’t even gotta try on. / The pistol mean business, that b**ch should have a tie on.” (Umm…about that pistol…) No matter the outcome, at least Wayne’s ensuring that we’ve got more than enough flows to keep us occupied for eight months or so. The Run This Town freestyle is the latest leak off of Weezy F.’s upcoming No Ceilings mixtape, set to drop later this week.
Listen to More: Lil Wayne
Written by Nathan S. on 10/26/09
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.