With anticipation for his I’m Not a Human Being EP, dropping in September, beginning to build, Lil Wayne and Young Money protege Drizzy Drake drop a single sure to be a radio success like the 74,374 other songs Wayne has touched the last couple of years. With the classic “Kane is in the building” intro, producer Kane Beatz, who has been working with everyone from Rick Ross to Trey Songz lately, crafts another instrumental that will have females dancing and the fellas head bobbing. On the heels of his Thank Me Later platinum certification, Drake starts things off with a nice 16 that finds him delving into his favorite subject, girls: “Don’t like my women single, I like my chicks in twos.” Wayne quickly follows with two verses chalked full of major punchlines like, “I’ve been fly so long I fell asleep on the f*cking plane,” and other lines you’ll surely see popping up as Facebook statuses. Although these two could go harder, it is obvious that Wayne and Drizzy are bound to have another radio hit on their hands. Now Wayne just needs to get out of prison.
Written by JRTheWriter on 08/5/10
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.