In the 1980 film adaptation of Stephen King’s The Shining, Danny Torrance warned his mother, Wendy, that the patriarch, Jack, was about to go postal with eerie repetitions of the word “redrum.” Now, twenty-nine years later, Lil Wayne‘s on a (figurative) bloody rampage through the music industry; after watching Tha Carter III go double-plat and receiving eight Grammy nominations (plus 14 Best of the Booth nominations), he’s currently getting ready for the release of Carter III: The Rebirth, to be followed by Carters IV and V, with a rock album to be released sometime in between all of these. For now, here’s Weezy with the previously-unreleased Red Rum. Though it’s unknown which (if any) disc this is attached to, Cool & Dre‘s beat and the interpolation of a 4-bar set from Biggie‘s The World Is Filled (famously used by Jay-Z on I Just Wanna Love U) sets the perfect mood for Wayne to do what comes naturally to him. After all, all work and no play makes Weezy a dull boy.
Written by Burmy on 01/11/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.