In the 1980 film adaptation of Stephen King’s The Shining, Danny Torrance warned his mother, Wendy, that the patriarch, Jack, was about to go postal with eerie repetitions of the word “redrum.” Now, twenty-nine years later, Lil Wayne‘s on a (figurative) bloody rampage through the music industry; after watching Tha Carter III go double-plat and receiving eight Grammy nominations (plus 14 Best of the Booth nominations), he’s currently getting ready for the release of Carter III: The Rebirth, to be followed by Carters IV and V, with a rock album to be released sometime in between all of these. For now, here’s Weezy with the previously-unreleased Red Rum. Though it’s unknown which (if any) disc this is attached to, Cool & Dre‘s beat and the interpolation of a 4-bar set from Biggie‘s The World Is Filled (famously used by Jay-Z on I Just Wanna Love U) sets the perfect mood for Wayne to do what comes naturally to him. After all, all work and no play makes Weezy a dull boy.
Listen to More: Lil Wayne Written by Burmy
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.