In the 1980 film adaptation of Stephen King’s The Shining, Danny Torrance warned his mother, Wendy, that the patriarch, Jack, was about to go postal with eerie repetitions of the word “redrum.” Now, twenty-nine years later, Lil Wayne‘s on a (figurative) bloody rampage through the music industry; after watching Tha Carter III go double-plat and receiving eight Grammy nominations (plus 14 Best of the Booth nominations), he’s currently getting ready for the release of Carter III: The Rebirth, to be followed by Carters IV and V, with a rock album to be released sometime in between all of these. For now, here’s Weezy with the previously-unreleased Red Rum. Though it’s unknown which (if any) disc this is attached to, Cool & Dre‘s beat and the interpolation of a 4-bar set from Biggie‘s The World Is Filled (famously used by Jay-Z on I Just Wanna Love U) sets the perfect mood for Wayne to do what comes naturally to him. After all, all work and no play makes Weezy a dull boy.
Listen to More: Lil Wayne
Written by Burmy on 01/11/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.