In the 1980 film adaptation of Stephen King’s The Shining, Danny Torrance warned his mother, Wendy, that the patriarch, Jack, was about to go postal with eerie repetitions of the word “redrum.” Now, twenty-nine years later, Lil Wayne‘s on a (figurative) bloody rampage through the music industry; after watching Tha Carter III go double-plat and receiving eight Grammy nominations (plus 14 Best of the Booth nominations), he’s currently getting ready for the release of Carter III: The Rebirth, to be followed by Carters IV and V, with a rock album to be released sometime in between all of these. For now, here’s Weezy with the previously-unreleased Red Rum. Though it’s unknown which (if any) disc this is attached to, Cool & Dre‘s beat and the interpolation of a 4-bar set from Biggie‘s The World Is Filled (famously used by Jay-Z on I Just Wanna Love U) sets the perfect mood for Wayne to do what comes naturally to him. After all, all work and no play makes Weezy a dull boy.
Listen to More: Lil Wayne
Written by Burmy on 01/11/09
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.