What more can be said about DeWayne Michael Carter? Recently named the “Hottest MC In The Game” by MTV, Weezy is looking to go from “best alive” to “best ever” with the first real taste of his much-anticipated Carter III. Outstanding, a softer toned song that clearly is not intended to be a single, nonetheless, shows serious wordplay skill, complete with Wayne’s eccentric similes about everything you’d never expect to be rapped about in a song. However, the hook (or lack thereof) proves he is still ready to enter uncharted territory with his music. DJ Cipha Sounds, NOT Hip-hop legend Dr. Dre, provides a simple harp-laced beat, possibly so the listener can focus on the future legends’ lyrics. Either way, Outstanding tastes good as an appetizer until the main course arrives in early 2008.
Listen to More: Lil Wayne
Written by Burmy on 08/1/07
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.