What more can be said about DeWayne Michael Carter? Recently named the “Hottest MC In The Game” by MTV, Weezy is looking to go from “best alive” to “best ever” with the first real taste of his much-anticipated Carter III. Outstanding, a softer toned song that clearly is not intended to be a single, nonetheless, shows serious wordplay skill, complete with Wayne’s eccentric similes about everything you’d never expect to be rapped about in a song. However, the hook (or lack thereof) proves he is still ready to enter uncharted territory with his music. DJ Cipha Sounds, NOT Hip-hop legend Dr. Dre, provides a simple harp-laced beat, possibly so the listener can focus on the future legends’ lyrics. Either way, Outstanding tastes good as an appetizer until the main course arrives in early 2008.
Listen to More: Lil Wayne
Written by Burmy on 08/1/07
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.