What more can be said about DeWayne Michael Carter? Recently named the “Hottest MC In The Game” by MTV, Weezy is looking to go from “best alive” to “best ever” with the first real taste of his much-anticipated Carter III. Outstanding, a softer toned song that clearly is not intended to be a single, nonetheless, shows serious wordplay skill, complete with Wayne’s eccentric similes about everything you’d never expect to be rapped about in a song. However, the hook (or lack thereof) proves he is still ready to enter uncharted territory with his music. DJ Cipha Sounds, NOT Hip-hop legend Dr. Dre, provides a simple harp-laced beat, possibly so the listener can focus on the future legends’ lyrics. Either way, Outstanding tastes good as an appetizer until the main course arrives in early 2008.
Listen to More: Lil Wayne Written by Burmy
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.