What more can be said about DeWayne Michael Carter? Recently named the “Hottest MC In The Game” by MTV, Weezy is looking to go from “best alive” to “best ever” with the first real taste of his much-anticipated Carter III. Outstanding, a softer toned song that clearly is not intended to be a single, nonetheless, shows serious wordplay skill, complete with Wayne’s eccentric similes about everything you’d never expect to be rapped about in a song. However, the hook (or lack thereof) proves he is still ready to enter uncharted territory with his music. DJ Cipha Sounds, NOT Hip-hop legend Dr. Dre, provides a simple harp-laced beat, possibly so the listener can focus on the future legends’ lyrics. Either way, Outstanding tastes good as an appetizer until the main course arrives in early 2008.
Written by Burmy on 08/1/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.