There’s only a handful of artists who could do a deluxe edition of a mixtape, but Lil Wayne is one of them. Just days after he released his pre-prison mixtape No Ceilings, Weezy F. is back with a deluxe version that includes four new tracks, including the title track No Ceilings, a record that, to put it eloquently, is f**king dope. First off, the Cool & Dre beat is a monster, seamlessly combining soul vocals and street banging percussion. Second, while this isn’t Wayne’s best work, the man does go hard, and most significantly the usually monosyllabic Birdman contributes a verse that, while not exactly “great”, is at the very least pretty damn listenable. I can only assume that we’ll be witnessing a torrent of new material from Wayne once he goes behind bars, but very little of that new work will be as good as No Ceilings. So enjoy it while it lasts people, enjoy it while it lasts.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/3/09
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)