There’s only a handful of artists who could do a deluxe edition of a mixtape, but Lil Wayne is one of them. Just days after he released his pre-prison mixtape No Ceilings, Weezy F. is back with a deluxe version that includes four new tracks, including the title track No Ceilings, a record that, to put it eloquently, is f**king dope. First off, the Cool & Dre beat is a monster, seamlessly combining soul vocals and street banging percussion. Second, while this isn’t Wayne’s best work, the man does go hard, and most significantly the usually monosyllabic Birdman contributes a verse that, while not exactly “great”, is at the very least pretty damn listenable. I can only assume that we’ll be witnessing a torrent of new material from Wayne once he goes behind bars, but very little of that new work will be as good as No Ceilings. So enjoy it while it lasts people, enjoy it while it lasts.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.