There’s only a handful of artists who could do a deluxe edition of a mixtape, but Lil Wayne is one of them. Just days after he released his pre-prison mixtape No Ceilings, Weezy F. is back with a deluxe version that includes four new tracks, including the title track No Ceilings, a record that, to put it eloquently, is f**king dope. First off, the Cool & Dre beat is a monster, seamlessly combining soul vocals and street banging percussion. Second, while this isn’t Wayne’s best work, the man does go hard, and most significantly the usually monosyllabic Birdman contributes a verse that, while not exactly “great”, is at the very least pretty damn listenable. I can only assume that we’ll be witnessing a torrent of new material from Wayne once he goes behind bars, but very little of that new work will be as good as No Ceilings. So enjoy it while it lasts people, enjoy it while it lasts.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/3/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.