Lil Wayne had to have recorded his new single My Homies Still with Big Sean before he decided to launch a some “beef” with Pusha T and everyone who loves him; a category that would include, you’d imagine, Pusha’s G.O.O.D. Music labelmate Big Sean. So was Weezy’s “beef” the product of legitimate anger, or a marketing tactic ahead of a June 1 single release? We’ll likely never know, so for now we’ll just have to focus on the music. Produced by StreetRunner and Sarom, Homies Still is the type of high energy, skittering beat that Wayne has made his trademark, when he’s actually rapping that is. Speaking of which, on the mic Wayne’s as schizophrenic as ever, throwing down line after free-association line: “Semi-automatic, no click click / we don’t feel you, like an elephant getting bitten by a tick (tick).” Throw in yet another punchline driven offering from Big Sean and love it or hate it, one things for sure - once again the world’s talking about Lil Wayne. Expect the talk to only increase as we get closer to the release of Wayne’s currently unscheduled I Am Not a Human Being 2 album.
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.