Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. promised the world a new album before 2008. Unfortunately, “new music Tuesday” came and went on both the 18th and 25th of December and no sign of a Lil’ Wayne LP was in sight. Then, on the evening of the 25th, a 5-track EP entitled “The Leak” popped-up on music-buying sights such as Amazon. Though three of the five tracks have been previously released, none made it to an “official” album. One of the two unheard cuts,I’m Me, features Weezy explaining what makes him so unique. Most of the song is a tribute to his status as a “Cash Money Millionaire,” and his loyalty to label owner and adopted father, Birdman, but the content never feels old or recycled. Various Internet sources are indicating February 15th, 2008, is the release date for Carter III; according to Universal representatives there is no set date as of now.
Listen to More: Lil Wayne
Written by DJ Z on 12/31/07
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)