Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. promised the world a new album before 2008. Unfortunately, “new music Tuesday” came and went on both the 18th and 25th of December and no sign of a Lil’ Wayne LP was in sight. Then, on the evening of the 25th, a 5-track EP entitled “The Leak” popped-up on music-buying sights such as Amazon. Though three of the five tracks have been previously released, none made it to an “official” album. One of the two unheard cuts,I’m Me, features Weezy explaining what makes him so unique. Most of the song is a tribute to his status as a “Cash Money Millionaire,” and his loyalty to label owner and adopted father, Birdman, but the content never feels old or recycled. Various Internet sources are indicating February 15th, 2008, is the release date for Carter III; according to Universal representatives there is no set date as of now.
Written by DJ Z on 12/31/07
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)