Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. promised the world a new album before 2008. Unfortunately, “new music Tuesday” came and went on both the 18th and 25th of December and no sign of a Lil’ Wayne LP was in sight. Then, on the evening of the 25th, a 5-track EP entitled “The Leak” popped-up on music-buying sights such as Amazon. Though three of the five tracks have been previously released, none made it to an “official” album. One of the two unheard cuts,I’m Me, features Weezy explaining what makes him so unique. Most of the song is a tribute to his status as a “Cash Money Millionaire,” and his loyalty to label owner and adopted father, Birdman, but the content never feels old or recycled. Various Internet sources are indicating February 15th, 2008, is the release date for Carter III; according to Universal representatives there is no set date as of now.
Written by DJ Z on 12/31/07
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.