Lil’ Wayne gets personal on the song I Feel Like Dying, off of the precursor to his highly anticipated Carter III album, The Drought Is Over 2 (Carter 3 Sessions). “I play basketball with the moon, I’ve got the whole world at my feet,” spits Wayne as he reflects on the superstardom that he has amounted over the past few years. Once just a New Orleans rapper who belonged to the Cash Money Empire, Wayne is now considered amongst the best in the rap game and has often proclaimed himself the “best rapper alive.” With a mixtape that is better than most label-distributed studio releases, Lil’ Wayne holds the promise of ending droughts for a long time to come.
Written by DJ Z on 06/11/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.