Lil’ Wayne gets personal on the song I Feel Like Dying, off of the precursor to his highly anticipated Carter III album, The Drought Is Over 2 (Carter 3 Sessions). “I play basketball with the moon, I’ve got the whole world at my feet,” spits Wayne as he reflects on the superstardom that he has amounted over the past few years. Once just a New Orleans rapper who belonged to the Cash Money Empire, Wayne is now considered amongst the best in the rap game and has often proclaimed himself the “best rapper alive.” With a mixtape that is better than most label-distributed studio releases, Lil’ Wayne holds the promise of ending droughts for a long time to come.
Written by DJ Z on 06/11/07
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.