Lil’ Wayne gets personal on the song I Feel Like Dying, off of the precursor to his highly anticipated Carter III album, The Drought Is Over 2 (Carter 3 Sessions). “I play basketball with the moon, I’ve got the whole world at my feet,” spits Wayne as he reflects on the superstardom that he has amounted over the past few years. Once just a New Orleans rapper who belonged to the Cash Money Empire, Wayne is now considered amongst the best in the rap game and has often proclaimed himself the “best rapper alive.” With a mixtape that is better than most label-distributed studio releases, Lil’ Wayne holds the promise of ending droughts for a long time to come.
Written by DJ Z on 06/11/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.