After a flurry of leaked material spread through the Internet like wild fires in Southern California, the self-proclaimed “Mr. Hip-Hop” (otherwise known as Lil’ Wayne) has yet to reveal whether any of it will actually be placed on the highly-anticipated, Carter III. With a flimsy December 18th release date, Cash Money and Universal Motown would be expected to begin pushing an actual single to radio. However, with no such song yet available (most likely pointing to a 2008 release), Wayne has dropped the studio version of his BET Awards-performed, Gossip. The song, both powerful and ironic, has Wayne rapping over an underlying heart monitor which flat lines when a break is taken between verses. 50 Cent called Wayne a “whore,” but if he keeps rap alive, we’ll all keep talking!
Written by DJ Z on 10/25/07
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.