After a flurry of leaked material spread through the Internet like wild fires in Southern California, the self-proclaimed “Mr. Hip-Hop” (otherwise known as Lil’ Wayne) has yet to reveal whether any of it will actually be placed on the highly-anticipated, Carter III. With a flimsy December 18th release date, Cash Money and Universal Motown would be expected to begin pushing an actual single to radio. However, with no such song yet available (most likely pointing to a 2008 release), Wayne has dropped the studio version of his BET Awards-performed, Gossip. The song, both powerful and ironic, has Wayne rapping over an underlying heart monitor which flat lines when a break is taken between verses. 50 Cent called Wayne a “whore,” but if he keeps rap alive, we’ll all keep talking!
Written by DJ Z on 10/25/07
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)