After a flurry of leaked material spread through the Internet like wild fires in Southern California, the self-proclaimed “Mr. Hip-Hop” (otherwise known as Lil’ Wayne) has yet to reveal whether any of it will actually be placed on the highly-anticipated, Carter III. With a flimsy December 18th release date, Cash Money and Universal Motown would be expected to begin pushing an actual single to radio. However, with no such song yet available (most likely pointing to a 2008 release), Wayne has dropped the studio version of his BET Awards-performed, Gossip. The song, both powerful and ironic, has Wayne rapping over an underlying heart monitor which flat lines when a break is taken between verses. 50 Cent called Wayne a “whore,” but if he keeps rap alive, we’ll all keep talking!
Listen to More: Lil Wayne
Written by DJ Z on 10/25/07
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.