After a flurry of leaked material spread through the Internet like wild fires in Southern California, the self-proclaimed “Mr. Hip-Hop” (otherwise known as Lil’ Wayne) has yet to reveal whether any of it will actually be placed on the highly-anticipated, Carter III. With a flimsy December 18th release date, Cash Money and Universal Motown would be expected to begin pushing an actual single to radio. However, with no such song yet available (most likely pointing to a 2008 release), Wayne has dropped the studio version of his BET Awards-performed, Gossip. The song, both powerful and ironic, has Wayne rapping over an underlying heart monitor which flat lines when a break is taken between verses. 50 Cent called Wayne a “whore,” but if he keeps rap alive, we’ll all keep talking!
Written by DJ Z on 10/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.