Arguably the best-known record of his career, California Love was released by 2pac Shakur in ’95 and went on to become a #1 record at Billboard. Now, a little less than 13 years later, that love for California has returned in the form of a new song by the collaborative duo of Lil’ Wayne and West Coast native, Tyga. Set to appear on the second edition of Tyga’s No Introduction: The Series mixtape (which is a lead up to his No Introduction album drop, this June), the song features Weezy on the voicebox, Weezy off the voicebox, and a Weezy chorus that is practically stolen from The Beach Boys’ classic single, California Girls. Oh…and it also features Tyga, who will be inside our DJ Booth later this week.
Written by DJ Z on 05/5/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)