Arguably the best-known record of his career, California Love was released by 2pac Shakur in ’95 and went on to become a #1 record at Billboard. Now, a little less than 13 years later, that love for California has returned in the form of a new song by the collaborative duo of Lil’ Wayne and West Coast native, Tyga. Set to appear on the second edition of Tyga’s No Introduction: The Series mixtape (which is a lead up to his No Introduction album drop, this June), the song features Weezy on the voicebox, Weezy off the voicebox, and a Weezy chorus that is practically stolen from The Beach Boys’ classic single, California Girls. Oh…and it also features Tyga, who will be inside our DJ Booth later this week.
Written by DJ Z on 05/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.