Arguably the best-known record of his career, California Love was released by 2pac Shakur in ’95 and went on to become a #1 record at Billboard. Now, a little less than 13 years later, that love for California has returned in the form of a new song by the collaborative duo of Lil’ Wayne and West Coast native, Tyga. Set to appear on the second edition of Tyga’s No Introduction: The Series mixtape (which is a lead up to his No Introduction album drop, this June), the song features Weezy on the voicebox, Weezy off the voicebox, and a Weezy chorus that is practically stolen from The Beach Boys’ classic single, California Girls. Oh…and it also features Tyga, who will be inside our DJ Booth later this week.
Written by DJ Z on 05/5/08
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)