After two long years of flirtation, Lil’ Wayne has finally decided to take us on a date. While showered with frequent mixtapes, incomprehensible guest features, and flimsy album release dates, Weezy fans have remained somewhat patient while waiting for the arrival of The Carter III. On May 13, however, the wait will officially be over (that is, until somebody at one of his labels decides to push back the project and cause mass hysteria). To kick off this celebratory engagement, Wayne’s first single, Lollipop, has made its way inside the DJBooth. Featuring the recently deceased Static Major (R.I.P.) on the hook and producer Jim Jonsin on the keyboards, Wayne uses the voice box to get all R. Kelly on us with this sexual + sweets analogy. So, anyone feel stood up?
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.