After two long years of flirtation, Lil’ Wayne has finally decided to take us on a date. While showered with frequent mixtapes, incomprehensible guest features, and flimsy album release dates, Weezy fans have remained somewhat patient while waiting for the arrival of The Carter III. On May 13, however, the wait will officially be over (that is, until somebody at one of his labels decides to push back the project and cause mass hysteria). To kick off this celebratory engagement, Wayne’s first single, Lollipop, has made its way inside the DJBooth. Featuring the recently deceased Static Major (R.I.P.) on the hook and producer Jim Jonsin on the keyboards, Wayne uses the voice box to get all R. Kelly on us with this sexual + sweets analogy. So, anyone feel stood up?
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.