After two long years of flirtation, Lil’ Wayne has finally decided to take us on a date. While showered with frequent mixtapes, incomprehensible guest features, and flimsy album release dates, Weezy fans have remained somewhat patient while waiting for the arrival of The Carter III. On May 13, however, the wait will officially be over (that is, until somebody at one of his labels decides to push back the project and cause mass hysteria). To kick off this celebratory engagement, Wayne’s first single, Lollipop, has made its way inside the DJBooth. Featuring the recently deceased Static Major (R.I.P.) on the hook and producer Jim Jonsin on the keyboards, Wayne uses the voice box to get all R. Kelly on us with this sexual + sweets analogy. So, anyone feel stood up?
Written by DJ Z on 03/11/08
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.