After two long years of flirtation, Lil’ Wayne has finally decided to take us on a date. While showered with frequent mixtapes, incomprehensible guest features, and flimsy album release dates, Weezy fans have remained somewhat patient while waiting for the arrival of The Carter III. On May 13, however, the wait will officially be over (that is, until somebody at one of his labels decides to push back the project and cause mass hysteria). To kick off this celebratory engagement, Wayne’s first single, Lollipop, has made its way inside the DJBooth. Featuring the recently deceased Static Major (R.I.P.) on the hook and producer Jim Jonsin on the keyboards, Wayne uses the voice box to get all R. Kelly on us with this sexual + sweets analogy. So, anyone feel stood up?
Written by DJ Z on 03/11/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)