After two long years of flirtation, Lil’ Wayne has finally decided to take us on a date. While showered with frequent mixtapes, incomprehensible guest features, and flimsy album release dates, Weezy fans have remained somewhat patient while waiting for the arrival of The Carter III. On May 13, however, the wait will officially be over (that is, until somebody at one of his labels decides to push back the project and cause mass hysteria). To kick off this celebratory engagement, Wayne’s first single, Lollipop, has made its way inside the DJBooth. Featuring the recently deceased Static Major (R.I.P.) on the hook and producer Jim Jonsin on the keyboards, Wayne uses the voice box to get all R. Kelly on us with this sexual + sweets analogy. So, anyone feel stood up?
Written by DJ Z on 03/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.