Over the past year Lil’ Wayne has spit his rhymes in French (It’s Me Bitches Remix), in “T-Pain” (Showtime), and through song (Duffle Bay Boy). Thus, it is no surprise to hear the Louisiana-born MC transform into a Rasta, alongside Jamaican artist Sizzla, on the new cut The Only Reason. MCs used to compete to see the amount of flows they could spit over an assortment of different beats. Now, on the heels of Weezy’s bi-polar tendencies, it seems as though that bar has risen to include vernaculars, languages, and song styles. While many are disappointed that the highly-anticipated Carter III won’t come until February (at the earliest), Weezy has been giving musical treats every week for the past 12 months; the holidays came early and nobody realized.
Written by DJ Z on 12/27/07
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.