September of last year, industry giants Kanye West and Lil’ Wayne knocked one out of the proverbial park with their Graduation collaboration, Barry Bonds. Nine months later, ‘Ye and Weezy have come together once again, teaming up for a remix of arguably the biggest single thus far of 2008, Lollipop. The constants held over from the original version are Static’s (R.I.P) chorus and bridge, as well as producer Jim Jonsin’s beat; Wayne spits two all new verses, complete with non-vocoder rhymes and “reeeemix baby” ad libs throughout. Surprisingly, Wayne has never recorded an “official” remix to any of his previously cataloged songs; knowing the public will lick this one right up, he waited for the right sucker.
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.