September of last year, industry giants Kanye West and Lil’ Wayne knocked one out of the proverbial park with their Graduation collaboration, Barry Bonds. Nine months later, ‘Ye and Weezy have come together once again, teaming up for a remix of arguably the biggest single thus far of 2008, Lollipop. The constants held over from the original version are Static’s (R.I.P) chorus and bridge, as well as producer Jim Jonsin’s beat; Wayne spits two all new verses, complete with non-vocoder rhymes and “reeeemix baby” ad libs throughout. Surprisingly, Wayne has never recorded an “official” remix to any of his previously cataloged songs; knowing the public will lick this one right up, he waited for the right sucker.
Written by DJ Z on 05/13/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.