September of last year, industry giants Kanye West and Lil’ Wayne knocked one out of the proverbial park with their Graduation collaboration, Barry Bonds. Nine months later, ‘Ye and Weezy have come together once again, teaming up for a remix of arguably the biggest single thus far of 2008, Lollipop. The constants held over from the original version are Static’s (R.I.P) chorus and bridge, as well as producer Jim Jonsin’s beat; Wayne spits two all new verses, complete with non-vocoder rhymes and “reeeemix baby” ad libs throughout. Surprisingly, Wayne has never recorded an “official” remix to any of his previously cataloged songs; knowing the public will lick this one right up, he waited for the right sucker.
Written by DJ Z on 05/13/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.