On December 18th, when Universal Motown and Lil’ Wayne let loose The Carter III: The Leak, it will mark the first time an artist has released a major label album of previously heard material (not including greatest hits, of course). Of the many songs that will be included on the project, only one features the Jamaican chanting of Junior Reid. On the newest leaked cut, Pom Pom, Wayne makes you believe he recorded the song live in Kingston while Reid sat back in the studio with a blunt and chimed in whenever he felt like it. Though Pom Pom isn’t as powerful as Gossip, or as catchy as One Night Only, it again showcases Wayne’s unique ability to creatively and convincingly capture his listeners’ attention.
Written by DJ Z on 11/19/07
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.