On December 18th, when Universal Motown and Lil’ Wayne let loose The Carter III: The Leak, it will mark the first time an artist has released a major label album of previously heard material (not including greatest hits, of course). Of the many songs that will be included on the project, only one features the Jamaican chanting of Junior Reid. On the newest leaked cut, Pom Pom, Wayne makes you believe he recorded the song live in Kingston while Reid sat back in the studio with a blunt and chimed in whenever he felt like it. Though Pom Pom isn’t as powerful as Gossip, or as catchy as One Night Only, it again showcases Wayne’s unique ability to creatively and convincingly capture his listeners’ attention.
Listen to More: Lil Wayne Written by DJ Z
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.