On December 18th, when Universal Motown and Lil’ Wayne let loose The Carter III: The Leak, it will mark the first time an artist has released a major label album of previously heard material (not including greatest hits, of course). Of the many songs that will be included on the project, only one features the Jamaican chanting of Junior Reid. On the newest leaked cut, Pom Pom, Wayne makes you believe he recorded the song live in Kingston while Reid sat back in the studio with a blunt and chimed in whenever he felt like it. Though Pom Pom isn’t as powerful as Gossip, or as catchy as One Night Only, it again showcases Wayne’s unique ability to creatively and convincingly capture his listeners’ attention.
Listen to More: Lil Wayne
Written by DJ Z on 11/19/07
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)