On December 18th, when Universal Motown and Lil’ Wayne let loose The Carter III: The Leak, it will mark the first time an artist has released a major label album of previously heard material (not including greatest hits, of course). Of the many songs that will be included on the project, only one features the Jamaican chanting of Junior Reid. On the newest leaked cut, Pom Pom, Wayne makes you believe he recorded the song live in Kingston while Reid sat back in the studio with a blunt and chimed in whenever he felt like it. Though Pom Pom isn’t as powerful as Gossip, or as catchy as One Night Only, it again showcases Wayne’s unique ability to creatively and convincingly capture his listeners’ attention.
Listen to More: Lil Wayne
Written by DJ Z on 11/19/07
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.