Only Lil’ Wayne is cheeky enough to make a song that subversively twists the stereotypical rapper-cop relationship. Unlike NWA, when Weezy says “f**k the police”, he does so in a seductive way. Mrs. Officer, the next single from The Carter III, is all about his more pleasurable brushes wit the law. Fellow New Orleansanite (and longtime studio engineer) Deezle contributes an appropriately intimate beat, setting the perfect backdrop for Wayne’s sweet nothings and Bobby V’s crooning. While the immediately irritating weee-ooo-wee-ooo-weee mock-siren hook may have you scratching your head as to why this would ever be selected as the next single, it is otherwise a pleasant tune. But please, for your own sake, don’t try to imitate Wayne and place a booty call to 911.
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.