Only Lil’ Wayne is cheeky enough to make a song that subversively twists the stereotypical rapper-cop relationship. Unlike NWA, when Weezy says “f**k the police”, he does so in a seductive way. Mrs. Officer, the next single from The Carter III, is all about his more pleasurable brushes wit the law. Fellow New Orleansanite (and longtime studio engineer) Deezle contributes an appropriately intimate beat, setting the perfect backdrop for Wayne’s sweet nothings and Bobby V’s crooning. While the immediately irritating weee-ooo-wee-ooo-weee mock-siren hook may have you scratching your head as to why this would ever be selected as the next single, it is otherwise a pleasant tune. But please, for your own sake, don’t try to imitate Wayne and place a booty call to 911.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/1/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.