Only Lil’ Wayne is cheeky enough to make a song that subversively twists the stereotypical rapper-cop relationship. Unlike NWA, when Weezy says “f**k the police”, he does so in a seductive way. Mrs. Officer, the next single from The Carter III, is all about his more pleasurable brushes wit the law. Fellow New Orleansanite (and longtime studio engineer) Deezle contributes an appropriately intimate beat, setting the perfect backdrop for Wayne’s sweet nothings and Bobby V’s crooning. While the immediately irritating weee-ooo-wee-ooo-weee mock-siren hook may have you scratching your head as to why this would ever be selected as the next single, it is otherwise a pleasant tune. But please, for your own sake, don’t try to imitate Wayne and place a booty call to 911.
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.