Only Lil’ Wayne is cheeky enough to make a song that subversively twists the stereotypical rapper-cop relationship. Unlike NWA, when Weezy says “f**k the police”, he does so in a seductive way. Mrs. Officer, the next single from The Carter III, is all about his more pleasurable brushes wit the law. Fellow New Orleansanite (and longtime studio engineer) Deezle contributes an appropriately intimate beat, setting the perfect backdrop for Wayne’s sweet nothings and Bobby V’s crooning. While the immediately irritating weee-ooo-wee-ooo-weee mock-siren hook may have you scratching your head as to why this would ever be selected as the next single, it is otherwise a pleasant tune. But please, for your own sake, don’t try to imitate Wayne and place a booty call to 911.
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!