Only Lil’ Wayne is cheeky enough to make a song that subversively twists the stereotypical rapper-cop relationship. Unlike NWA, when Weezy says “f**k the police”, he does so in a seductive way. Mrs. Officer, the next single from The Carter III, is all about his more pleasurable brushes wit the law. Fellow New Orleansanite (and longtime studio engineer) Deezle contributes an appropriately intimate beat, setting the perfect backdrop for Wayne’s sweet nothings and Bobby V’s crooning. While the immediately irritating weee-ooo-wee-ooo-weee mock-siren hook may have you scratching your head as to why this would ever be selected as the next single, it is otherwise a pleasant tune. But please, for your own sake, don’t try to imitate Wayne and place a booty call to 911.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/1/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.