In the wake of crossover album Rebirth‘s pushback to June 23, another Lil Wayne record has been leaked to the Internet. Now, you might be wondering what project the newly-released Fix My Hat is attached to (hint: it’s not Rebirth, despite what several blogs would have you believe). Los Angeles Clippers superstar Baron Davis is preparing yet another documentary (possibly a sequel to Crips & Bloods: Made In America), and Fix My Hat has been chosen for the soundtrack. Here, the ever-unpredictable emcee blends elements of his Carter II and Carter III-era flows (without Autotune) over a Drew Money beat that sounds like something Mannie Fresh would have come up with in his Cash Money heyday. A cut with something to offer fans of every stripe, Fix My Hat will undoubtedly pique listeners’ interests regarding the forthcoming film.
Listen to More: Lil Wayne
Written by Burmy on 04/30/09
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.