In the wake of crossover album Rebirth‘s pushback to June 23, another Lil Wayne record has been leaked to the Internet. Now, you might be wondering what project the newly-released Fix My Hat is attached to (hint: it’s not Rebirth, despite what several blogs would have you believe). Los Angeles Clippers superstar Baron Davis is preparing yet another documentary (possibly a sequel to Crips & Bloods: Made In America), and Fix My Hat has been chosen for the soundtrack. Here, the ever-unpredictable emcee blends elements of his Carter II and Carter III-era flows (without Autotune) over a Drew Money beat that sounds like something Mannie Fresh would have come up with in his Cash Money heyday. A cut with something to offer fans of every stripe, Fix My Hat will undoubtedly pique listeners’ interests regarding the forthcoming film.
Written by Burmy on 04/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.