In the wake of crossover album Rebirth‘s pushback to June 23, another Lil Wayne record has been leaked to the Internet. Now, you might be wondering what project the newly-released Fix My Hat is attached to (hint: it’s not Rebirth, despite what several blogs would have you believe). Los Angeles Clippers superstar Baron Davis is preparing yet another documentary (possibly a sequel to Crips & Bloods: Made In America), and Fix My Hat has been chosen for the soundtrack. Here, the ever-unpredictable emcee blends elements of his Carter II and Carter III-era flows (without Autotune) over a Drew Money beat that sounds like something Mannie Fresh would have come up with in his Cash Money heyday. A cut with something to offer fans of every stripe, Fix My Hat will undoubtedly pique listeners’ interests regarding the forthcoming film.
Written by Burmy on 04/30/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.