In the wake of crossover album Rebirth‘s pushback to June 23, another Lil Wayne record has been leaked to the Internet. Now, you might be wondering what project the newly-released Fix My Hat is attached to (hint: it’s not Rebirth, despite what several blogs would have you believe). Los Angeles Clippers superstar Baron Davis is preparing yet another documentary (possibly a sequel to Crips & Bloods: Made In America), and Fix My Hat has been chosen for the soundtrack. Here, the ever-unpredictable emcee blends elements of his Carter II and Carter III-era flows (without Autotune) over a Drew Money beat that sounds like something Mannie Fresh would have come up with in his Cash Money heyday. A cut with something to offer fans of every stripe, Fix My Hat will undoubtedly pique listeners’ interests regarding the forthcoming film.
Written by Burmy on 04/30/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.