Eminem‘s Stan was one of the most acclaimed cuts in hip-hop history, striking such a chord that its title has become a synonym for “obsessive fan” in modern parlance. Can Lil Wayne duplicate that cut’s success with his unofficial sequel, the Swizz Beatz-produced Anne? Uh, of course not—but the result is certainly an entertaining tribute to the 2000 classic. Though this record didn’t make it onto the final tracklist, it should only build further anticipation for Tha Carter IV, set to finally drop August 29.
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!