Eminem‘s Stan was one of the most acclaimed cuts in hip-hop history, striking such a chord that its title has become a synonym for “obsessive fan” in modern parlance. Can Lil Wayne duplicate that cut’s success with his unofficial sequel, the Swizz Beatz-produced Anne? Uh, of course not—but the result is certainly an entertaining tribute to the 2000 classic. Though this record didn’t make it onto the final tracklist, it should only build further anticipation for Tha Carter IV, set to finally drop August 29.
Written by richard on 06/13/11
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.