Eminem‘s Stan was one of the most acclaimed cuts in hip-hop history, striking such a chord that its title has become a synonym for “obsessive fan” in modern parlance. Can Lil Wayne duplicate that cut’s success with his unofficial sequel, the Swizz Beatz-produced Anne? Uh, of course not—but the result is certainly an entertaining tribute to the 2000 classic. Though this record didn’t make it onto the final tracklist, it should only build further anticipation for Tha Carter IV, set to finally drop August 29.
Written by richard on 06/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.