Eminem‘s Stan was one of the most acclaimed cuts in hip-hop history, striking such a chord that its title has become a synonym for “obsessive fan” in modern parlance. Can Lil Wayne duplicate that cut’s success with his unofficial sequel, the Swizz Beatz-produced Anne? Uh, of course not—but the result is certainly an entertaining tribute to the 2000 classic. Though this record didn’t make it onto the final tracklist, it should only build further anticipation for Tha Carter IV, set to finally drop August 29.
Written by richard on 06/13/11
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.