After listening to just about every rapper and their mother do a freestyle over A Milli, its only fitting that Lil’ Wayne has jumped aboard a remix to his own song, in celebration of his astounding first week sales totals. Dubbing the new version a “free-mix,” because he is giving it away for free, Wayne uses the record to humbly (and at times not-so-humbly) thank all of his loyal fans who purchased a copy of Tha Carter III. In an effort to evoke the same type of mass hysteria that the current release went through upon its lead up, delays and arrival, Wayne reveals his plans to drop a volume four and five of the Carter series. Before those albums hit stores, however, Wayne and T-Pain are planning a collaborative album, tentatively titled He Raps, He Sings.
Listen to More: Lil Wayne Written by DJ Z
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.