When Lil Wayne first exited Rikers Island the media went a little, shall we say, overboard? Weezy’s first post-prison guest verse! Weezy’s first post-prison party! Weezy’s first post-prison Hot Pocket! But now we finally have something worth talking about – Weezy’s first post-prison single! New banger 6 Foot 7 Foot brings back A Milli producer Bangladesh for a bass knocking, looped beat that utilizes an incredibly unlikely Banana Boat sample at its core. Of course the real story here is Wayne’s vocals, which (thankfully) find him leaving the singing and spoken word styles of I Am a Human Being behind in favor of some flat out rhyming – rhyming whose merits are undoubtedly being hotly debated in the comments below right now. And I haven’t even gotten to Cory Gunz guest verse, which shows that the Young Money signee can flow with the fastest of them (could he have outrhymed Wayne?). I’m frankly not sure yet if 6 Foot 7 Foot is dope yet – but I do know it will get everyone talking about Tha Carter IV, currently scheduled to drop in February 2011. Let the speculation begin….
Written by Nathan S. on 12/14/10
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.