When Lil Wayne first exited Rikers Island the media went a little, shall we say, overboard? Weezy’s first post-prison guest verse! Weezy’s first post-prison party! Weezy’s first post-prison Hot Pocket! But now we finally have something worth talking about – Weezy’s first post-prison single! New banger 6 Foot 7 Foot brings back A Milli producer Bangladesh for a bass knocking, looped beat that utilizes an incredibly unlikely Banana Boat sample at its core. Of course the real story here is Wayne’s vocals, which (thankfully) find him leaving the singing and spoken word styles of I Am a Human Being behind in favor of some flat out rhyming – rhyming whose merits are undoubtedly being hotly debated in the comments below right now. And I haven’t even gotten to Cory Gunz guest verse, which shows that the Young Money signee can flow with the fastest of them (could he have outrhymed Wayne?). I’m frankly not sure yet if 6 Foot 7 Foot is dope yet – but I do know it will get everyone talking about Tha Carter IV, currently scheduled to drop in February 2011. Let the speculation begin….
Cash Money/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.