In the hip-hop game, diminutives aren’t necessarily to be taken literally. Though Jeezy has, after some waffling, reportedly decided to set aside the “Young,” YMCMB ringleader Wayne remains “Lil” at the not-so-lil age of 30. In the case of Lil Waah, though, you can take the moniker at face value; the Ruff Ryders signee, cousin of heavyweight producer Swizz Beatz, is still in elementary school. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, Jump harks back to the ‘92 debut single from preteen phenoms Kris Kross. Over a Taylor Made beat based around the same gangster whine-accented Jackson 5 sample as the aforementioned hit, Waah exhibits mic skills and swagger well beyond his 11 years. Mills Miller directs the accompanying visuals. This joint is part of Waah’s upcoming, appropriately-titled Playtime Is Over (Back To School) mixtape.
Written by richard on 09/9/13
Ruff Ryders Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.