In the hip-hop game, diminutives aren’t necessarily to be taken literally. Though Jeezy has, after some waffling, reportedly decided to set aside the “Young,” YMCMB ringleader Wayne remains “Lil” at the not-so-lil age of 30. In the case of Lil Waah, though, you can take the moniker at face value; the Ruff Ryders signee, cousin of heavyweight producer Swizz Beatz, is still in elementary school. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, Jump harks back to the ‘92 debut single from preteen phenoms Kris Kross. Over a Taylor Made beat based around the same gangster whine-accented Jackson 5 sample as the aforementioned hit, Waah exhibits mic skills and swagger well beyond his 11 years. Mills Miller directs the accompanying visuals. This joint is part of Waah’s upcoming, appropriately-titled Playtime Is Over (Back To School) mixtape.
Written by richard on 09/9/13
Ruff Ryders Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.