In the hip-hop game, diminutives aren’t necessarily to be taken literally. Though Jeezy has, after some waffling, reportedly decided to set aside the “Young,” YMCMB ringleader Wayne remains “Lil” at the not-so-lil age of 30. In the case of Lil Waah, though, you can take the moniker at face value; the Ruff Ryders signee, cousin of heavyweight producer Swizz Beatz, is still in elementary school. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, Jump harks back to the ‘92 debut single from preteen phenoms Kris Kross. Over a Taylor Made beat based around the same gangster whine-accented Jackson 5 sample as the aforementioned hit, Waah exhibits mic skills and swagger well beyond his 11 years. Mills Miller directs the accompanying visuals. This joint is part of Waah’s upcoming, appropriately-titled Playtime Is Over (Back To School) mixtape.
Ruff Ryders Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.