In the hip-hop game, diminutives aren’t necessarily to be taken literally. Though Jeezy has, after some waffling, reportedly decided to set aside the “Young,” YMCMB ringleader Wayne remains “Lil” at the not-so-lil age of 30. In the case of Lil Waah, though, you can take the moniker at face value; the Ruff Ryders signee, cousin of heavyweight producer Swizz Beatz, is still in elementary school. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, Jump harks back to the ‘92 debut single from preteen phenoms Kris Kross. Over a Taylor Made beat based around the same gangster whine-accented Jackson 5 sample as the aforementioned hit, Waah exhibits mic skills and swagger well beyond his 11 years. Mills Miller directs the accompanying visuals. This joint is part of Waah’s upcoming, appropriately-titled Playtime Is Over (Back To School) mixtape.
Ruff Ryders Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!