Not glimpsed on our pages since last November, when he made his solo debut with the Busta Rhymes-assisted Turn’t Up, Lil Twist steps back in the spotlight with the release of a brand new promo single. Here, diplo and DJA‘s ultra-minimal percussion rhythm bangs in the back as the 18-year-old YMCMB signee offers, “Flowerz [to] the ladies, and d**k [to] the hoes.” Label boss Lil Wayne contributes a lackadaisical opening verse and hook, and Chris Breezy dons his “rapper” hat for a freaky, energetically-flowed closing 16. Time to weigh in, Booth readers: is this cut appealing enough to (finally) set Twist’s debut LP, Don’t Get It Twisted, on a path to release? Debate away—and, as always, keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Loyalty (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.