Not glimpsed on our pages since last November, when he made his solo debut with the Busta Rhymes-assisted Turn’t Up, Lil Twist steps back in the spotlight with the release of a brand new promo single. Here, diplo and DJA‘s ultra-minimal percussion rhythm bangs in the back as the 18-year-old YMCMB signee offers, “Flowerz [to] the ladies, and d**k [to] the hoes.” Label boss Lil Wayne contributes a lackadaisical opening verse and hook, and Chris Breezy dons his “rapper” hat for a freaky, energetically-flowed closing 16. Time to weigh in, Booth readers: is this cut appealing enough to (finally) set Twist’s debut LP, Don’t Get It Twisted, on a path to release? Debate away—and, as always, keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Loyalty (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.