Not glimpsed on our pages since last November, when he made his solo debut with the Busta Rhymes-assisted Turn’t Up, Lil Twist steps back in the spotlight with the release of a brand new promo single. Here, diplo and DJA‘s ultra-minimal percussion rhythm bangs in the back as the 18-year-old YMCMB signee offers, “Flowerz [to] the ladies, and d**k [to] the hoes.” Label boss Lil Wayne contributes a lackadaisical opening verse and hook, and Chris Breezy dons his “rapper” hat for a freaky, energetically-flowed closing 16. Time to weigh in, Booth readers: is this cut appealing enough to (finally) set Twist’s debut LP, Don’t Get It Twisted, on a path to release? Debate away—and, as always, keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Loyalty (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.