Not glimpsed on our pages since last November, when he made his solo debut with the Busta Rhymes-assisted Turn’t Up, Lil Twist steps back in the spotlight with the release of a brand new promo single. Here, diplo and DJA‘s ultra-minimal percussion rhythm bangs in the back as the 18-year-old YMCMB signee offers, “Flowerz [to] the ladies, and d**k [to] the hoes.” Label boss Lil Wayne contributes a lackadaisical opening verse and hook, and Chris Breezy dons his “rapper” hat for a freaky, energetically-flowed closing 16. Time to weigh in, Booth readers: is this cut appealing enough to (finally) set Twist’s debut LP, Don’t Get It Twisted, on a path to release? Debate away—and, as always, keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Loyalty (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.