Don’t You Love it when a young, talented artist blesses the Booth with something that sounds utterly fresh and new? I’ma go ahead and assume you answered that rhetorical question in the affirmative, which means that you’re gonna adore the debut feature from 19-year-old London beatsmith and recording artist Lil Silva. After a minute and a half of murmured vocals over a quavering, theremin-esque synth, this single’s instrumental backdrop blossoms into a uniquely catchy pop groove, and Harvest Records songstress BANKS steps onstage to provide ethereal vocal support. For Don’t You Love and much more, cop Silva’s Mabel EP when it drops next Tuesday via Good Years (or Monday via True Panther, for fans across the pond).
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.