Don’t You Love it when a young, talented artist blesses the Booth with something that sounds utterly fresh and new? I’ma go ahead and assume you answered that rhetorical question in the affirmative, which means that you’re gonna adore the debut feature from 19-year-old London beatsmith and recording artist Lil Silva. After a minute and a half of murmured vocals over a quavering, theremin-esque synth, this single’s instrumental backdrop blossoms into a uniquely catchy pop groove, and Harvest Records songstress BANKS steps onstage to provide ethereal vocal support. For Don’t You Love and much more, cop Silva’s Mabel EP when it drops next Tuesday via Good Years (or Monday via True Panther, for fans across the pond).
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.