Last we heard from Lil’ Scrappy, he was coming to terms with his addiction to the Almighty Dollar. Roughly seven months later, not only has the Atlanta emcee not kicked his cash habit, but he seems to have developed a new obsession on top of it all: wherever he goes, he simply has to Swoop Swoop. Precisely what does that mean? I have no idea – according to the sole definition on urbandictionary.com, the term “can be used to reference [sic] ANYTHING.” Judging by the braggadocio-packed rhymes Scrappy delivers over singer/producer Cutty Cartel‘s stuttering synth boardwork, though, it has everything to do with being fresh, flashy and fly – kicks, cars, money and women are all essential factors in the ‘swoop swoop’ equation. The question remains: is this street-anthemic single ‘swoop swoop’ enough to ensure Scrappy’s long-awaited Disturbing tha Peace debut, Tha Grussle arrives on record store shelves sooner than later? For the time being, we can only speculate…
Written by richard on 04/4/10
Submit your Rating
G's Up/The Grustle Gang
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Yeah ft. Sean Paul of Young Bloodz & E-40" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)