Last we heard from Lil’ Scrappy, he was coming to terms with his addiction to the Almighty Dollar. Roughly seven months later, not only has the Atlanta emcee not kicked his cash habit, but he seems to have developed a new obsession on top of it all: wherever he goes, he simply has to Swoop Swoop. Precisely what does that mean? I have no idea – according to the sole definition on urbandictionary.com, the term “can be used to reference [sic] ANYTHING.” Judging by the braggadocio-packed rhymes Scrappy delivers over singer/producer Cutty Cartel‘s stuttering synth boardwork, though, it has everything to do with being fresh, flashy and fly – kicks, cars, money and women are all essential factors in the ‘swoop swoop’ equation. The question remains: is this street-anthemic single ‘swoop swoop’ enough to ensure Scrappy’s long-awaited Disturbing tha Peace debut, Tha Grussle arrives on record store shelves sooner than later? For the time being, we can only speculate…
Written by richard on 04/4/10
Submit your Rating
G's Up/The Grustle Gang
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Yeah" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.