Last we heard from Lil’ Scrappy, he was coming to terms with his addiction to the Almighty Dollar. Roughly seven months later, not only has the Atlanta emcee not kicked his cash habit, but he seems to have developed a new obsession on top of it all: wherever he goes, he simply has to Swoop Swoop. Precisely what does that mean? I have no idea – according to the sole definition on urbandictionary.com, the term “can be used to reference [sic] ANYTHING.” Judging by the braggadocio-packed rhymes Scrappy delivers over singer/producer Cutty Cartel‘s stuttering synth boardwork, though, it has everything to do with being fresh, flashy and fly – kicks, cars, money and women are all essential factors in the ‘swoop swoop’ equation. The question remains: is this street-anthemic single ‘swoop swoop’ enough to ensure Scrappy’s long-awaited Disturbing tha Peace debut, Tha Grussle arrives on record store shelves sooner than later? For the time being, we can only speculate…
Listen to More: Lil Scrappy
Written by richard on 04/4/10
G's Up/The Grustle Gang
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Yeah ft. Sean Paul of Young Bloodz & E-40" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.