Last we heard from Lil’ Scrappy, he was coming to terms with his addiction to the Almighty Dollar. Roughly seven months later, not only has the Atlanta emcee not kicked his cash habit, but he seems to have developed a new obsession on top of it all: wherever he goes, he simply has to Swoop Swoop. Precisely what does that mean? I have no idea – according to the sole definition on urbandictionary.com, the term “can be used to reference [sic] ANYTHING.” Judging by the braggadocio-packed rhymes Scrappy delivers over singer/producer Cutty Cartel‘s stuttering synth boardwork, though, it has everything to do with being fresh, flashy and fly – kicks, cars, money and women are all essential factors in the ‘swoop swoop’ equation. The question remains: is this street-anthemic single ‘swoop swoop’ enough to ensure Scrappy’s long-awaited Disturbing tha Peace debut, Tha Grussle arrives on record store shelves sooner than later? For the time being, we can only speculate…
Written by richard on 04/4/10
Submit your Rating
G's Up/The Grustle Gang
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Yeah" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.