Lil Scrappy has been quiet for a bit, but he hopes to make some noise with his upcoming album, The Grustle, set to drop June 26. While Scrappy gained popularity with vulgar lyrics and that infamous heavy southern bass sound that the ATL was known for in the mid 00’s, the ATL native is now taking a new musical route. On his new single No Love, with the help of songstress Tocarra (don’t think it’s the America’s next top model Tocarra) Scrappy turns down the thug act a bit to get emotional about a past relationship. Produced by Nonstop, the instrumental starts with a smooth guitar and mellow synthesizer chords. However, Scrappy doesn’t completely lose his street etiquette, as the snare adds a growl that brings some toughness to his rhymes. Lyrically, the former BME artist raps about being in a relationship and hearing that “L word” that many fellas dread, but not being able to say it back. No Love is not the familiar “dead in the street, mouth full of blood” Scrappy that we know, but the song itself is a nice change of pace. Hopefully guests like 2 Chainz, Bun B and Twista on the upcoming album will help Scrappy show some of his old self.
Written by JRTheWriter on 05/15/12
Submit your Rating
G's Up/The Grustle Gang
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Yeah" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.