The title of Lil Scrappy‘s latest promo single, Look at Me, presented by Mixpak Records, might make it sound like ATL emcee is simply begging for attention, but don’t be deceived… he really is begging for attention. Fortunately, he does so in an eminently entertaining manner. Backed by Big Apple beatsmith Dre Skull‘s stern string hits and quirky percussion, the Swoop Swoop emcee delivers an exhaustive rundown of his many assets – from obvious points of pride such as his girl, his house, his gun and his bankroll, to smaller, but equally crucial blessings like the fact that he is alive, with his very own clothes on his back and a head on his shoulders. While I can’t vouch for the effectiveness of “I have my own shoes,” as a pickup line, I think we can all take inspiration from Scrappy’s take-nothing-for-granted attitude – not to mention his off-the-charts swagger. Will this Southern street banger perform as intended and attract the attention Scrappy needs in order to get his long-awaited fourth full-length, Tha Grustle, onto record store shelves? Only time will tell but, in the meantime, Booth readers are welcome to speculate…
Written by richard on 11/1/10
Submit your Rating
G's Up/The Grustle Gang
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Yeah" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.