When thinking of an addict, one generally imagines someone unable to stop drinking, taking drugs, or gambling. Lil’ Scrappy, however, is at the mercy of a very different vice: to put it simply, he’s Addicted to Money. On the first buzz single off his latest album, Scrappy takes the first step towards treating his disease: admitting he has a problem. Over a densely layered, synth-heavy beat from the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, the Atlanta emcee gives a detailed rundown of the luxurious lifestyle his compulsive grind has earned him. Label boss Ludacris guests on the track, sharing his own experiences with cash addiction. It’s anyone’s guess as to whether or not Scrappy will ultimately be able to kick the habit; at the end of the day, we can only hope that The Grustle wins a solid release date from Def Jam/DTP before the rapper goes into withdrawal.
Written by Dr. D on 08/5/09
Submit your Rating
G's Up/The Grustle Gang
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Yeah" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.