When thinking of an addict, one generally imagines someone unable to stop drinking, taking drugs, or gambling. Lil’ Scrappy, however, is at the mercy of a very different vice: to put it simply, he’s Addicted to Money. On the first buzz single off his latest album, Scrappy takes the first step towards treating his disease: admitting he has a problem. Over a densely layered, synth-heavy beat from the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, the Atlanta emcee gives a detailed rundown of the luxurious lifestyle his compulsive grind has earned him. Label boss Ludacris guests on the track, sharing his own experiences with cash addiction. It’s anyone’s guess as to whether or not Scrappy will ultimately be able to kick the habit; at the end of the day, we can only hope that The Grustle wins a solid release date from Def Jam/DTP before the rapper goes into withdrawal.
G's Up/The Grustle Gang
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Yeah ft. Sean Paul of Young Bloodz & E-40" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.