When thinking of an addict, one generally imagines someone unable to stop drinking, taking drugs, or gambling. Lil’ Scrappy, however, is at the mercy of a very different vice: to put it simply, he’s Addicted to Money. On the first buzz single off his latest album, Scrappy takes the first step towards treating his disease: admitting he has a problem. Over a densely layered, synth-heavy beat from the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, the Atlanta emcee gives a detailed rundown of the luxurious lifestyle his compulsive grind has earned him. Label boss Ludacris guests on the track, sharing his own experiences with cash addiction. It’s anyone’s guess as to whether or not Scrappy will ultimately be able to kick the habit; at the end of the day, we can only hope that The Grustle wins a solid release date from Def Jam/DTP before the rapper goes into withdrawal.
Written by Dr. D on 08/5/09
Submit your Rating
G's Up/The Grustle Gang
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Yeah ft. Sean Paul of Young Bloodz & E-40" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.