When thinking of an addict, one generally imagines someone unable to stop drinking, taking drugs, or gambling. Lil’ Scrappy, however, is at the mercy of a very different vice: to put it simply, he’s Addicted to Money. On the first buzz single off his latest album, Scrappy takes the first step towards treating his disease: admitting he has a problem. Over a densely layered, synth-heavy beat from the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, the Atlanta emcee gives a detailed rundown of the luxurious lifestyle his compulsive grind has earned him. Label boss Ludacris guests on the track, sharing his own experiences with cash addiction. It’s anyone’s guess as to whether or not Scrappy will ultimately be able to kick the habit; at the end of the day, we can only hope that The Grustle wins a solid release date from Def Jam/DTP before the rapper goes into withdrawal.
Written by Dr. D on 08/5/09
Submit your Rating
G's Up/The Grustle Gang
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Yeah" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.